ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

Steve does love his cat.
IMG_6868.jpeg
 
Non furry wet pet showed up after pulling a disappearing act when put in tank. My Lubbock now hanging out on the right half of the tank. Leopard after its initial attacks showing no interest now.

IMG_6880.jpeg IMG_6874.jpeg IMG_6878.jpeg
 
Looking into ordering from Reef Beauties as well. How are things going? I'm also in Massachusetts.
Who are you asking? Steve? I'm in AZ and never ordered from them...
 
I'm looking into ordering from Reef Beauties, how did it go?
Quick and well packed. Nice healthy fish. I’d definitely order again.
 
Tested today:

Magnesium - low
Calcium - low
Alkalinity - low
Phosphates - low
 
Added magnesium
Installed doser - dosing 5 ml spread out into 5 1ml doses of phosphates
Added baking soda
Need to add more magnesium and more Alkalinity
Need to add calcium
 
Alk is now 8.9
Phosphates are 0.07. want them slightly higher but that is up from 0.04 yesterday.

Magnesium... I hope I didn't overdo it yesterday. I doubt I did. I'll test later but I shouldn't have gone up a ton... Maybe up 50ish. We'll see.
 
I think I went up fairly quickly on the Alk from 7.6 yesterday morning to 8.9 tonight. I thought I was conservative on the calculations of water volume but apparently overestimated by about 10 gallons. That's over 3 spaced out doses though and nothing looks affected.
 
No wait... From 6.8 yesterday morning to 8.9 tonight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new