125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Both my Lawnmower Blenny and Melanurus Wrasse are out and super active today! The Wrasse is actively hunting pods and the Lawnmower is happily strutting from one end of the tank to the other grazing on algae as he sees fit.

I might hold off on the Flasher for now but we'll see when I get there and actually decide I guess.
 
Both my Lawnmower Blenny and Melanurus Wrasse are out and super active today! The Wrasse is actively hunting pods and the Lawnmower is happily strutting from one end of the tank to the other grazing on algae as he sees fit.

I might hold off on the Flasher for now but we'll see when I get there and actually decide I guess.
They should sell general cure at petco. It's easy to lace the food with.
 
They should sell general cure at petco. It's easy to lace the food with.
So from reading online I want to use a binder if I soak it.
 
I rarely saw him in the 75. He's already out exploring his little corner of the 125. I'm hoping he's happy. I'm guessing the Tomini was pestering him in the 75.
It’s pretty common that tomini tangs are agressive towards lawnmower blennies. I have both in my tank and the tomini is only agressive towards the lawnmower. After doing some reading apparently it’s common.
 
It’s pretty common that tomini tangs are agressive towards lawnmower blennies. I have both in my tank and the tomini is only agressive towards the lawnmower. After doing some reading apparently it’s common.
Hopefully having them separated for a while and then adding the Tomini after the Lawnmower is established will help minimize that.
 
Hopefully having them separated for a while and then adding the Tomini after the Lawnmower is established will help minimize that.
My only experience is with the lawnmower blenny. And mine was a a Jerk (with a capital J). It was constantly taunting my other fish....... Just saying... the blenny might deserve it. :winking-face-with-tongue: ;)
 
My only experience is with the lawnmower blenny. And mine was a a Jerk (with a capital J). It was constantly taunting my other fish....... Just saying... the blenny might deserve it. :winking-face-with-tongue: ;)
It's my wife's favorite fish in the tank so if it hides all the time it makes her mad.b let's just say it's easier to get things for the tank when she's happy with the tank.
 
So from reading online I want to use a binder if I soak it.
You can actually use plain gelatin from what our forum fish disease expert says. I don't see how it would cause any issue either. As were I think Seachem focus was the binding agent recommended by seachem, but Jay said it wasn't as good as gelatin. Makes sense though.
 
You can actually use plain gelatin from what our forum fish disease expert says. I don't see how it would cause any issue either. As were I think Seachem focus was the binding agent recommended by seachem, but Jay said it wasn't as good as gelatin. Makes sense though.
Gelatin I have! At least I'm pretty sure.
 
Hopefully having them separated for a while and then adding the Tomini after the Lawnmower is established will help minimize that.
Possibly. I honestly couldn’t tell you which order I added mine. It’s the only fish my tomini is agressive towards, and it’s just not too bad. Just the occasional chasing.
 
Possibly. I honestly couldn’t tell you which order I added mine. It’s the only fish my tomini is agressive towards, and it’s just not too bad. Just the occasional chasing.
I know my Lawnmower was after the Tomini just because he was my last fish I added to the 75. The Tomini was number 3 or 4. It's weird because the Tomini loves my Hector's Goby. He only ever chases the Lawnmower (last fish) and Green Chromis (first fish). He occasionally darts at the larger of the two Bangaii's but it's usually when that Bangaii is being agressive towards the smaller Bangaii...
 
Here we are!
IMG_20220825_150602597~2.jpg

IMG_20220825_150550496.jpg
 
The McCosker's is at a different store. I almost bought a Yellow Coris but didn't. No regrets!
no-regrets-no-ragrets.gif

Ok, maybe I'm kicking myself but I used self control.
 
Oh man! I was writing an email for work and looked up to see my Lawnmower Blenny and Melanurus Wrasse both swimming alongside each other out in the middle of the tank. I think they're friends! It was so sweet so I reached for my phone and they split - opposite sides of the tank instantly.
 
Maybe I'm a little slow here but what's the point of paying for Prime? When I don't pay for Prime they quote me a week and it shows up in 3 days. When I pay for Prime they quote me 2 days and it takes 4 to get here... I don't get it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new