125g stocking ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWhitt907
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWhitt907

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
405
Reaction score
190
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting ready to upgrade from a 75g to 125g (6' x 18") and was hoping to get some advice on good community fish to add to my tank. I have a couple of zoas and may add some other softies or some BTA's. So far I've got this
- 2 Oscellaris Clowns
- YWG w/ pistol shrimp
- Diamond Goby
- Midas Blenny
- Lawnmower Blenny
- Bangaii Cardinal
- Pintail Fairy Wrasse
- Coral Beauty
- Hippo Tang (still in QT till the 26th and very small)
 
with your hippo as a centrepiece and the fact it will become so big, I would maybe consider to add 1 more fish. Something like a smaller type of wrasse. (Leopard, orangeback fairy,…). Roywl gramma is one that can’t be missing in a tank in my opinion. Be careful with territorial behaviour with your current stock if you go for a basslet
 
with your hippo as a centrepiece and the fact it will become so big, I would maybe consider to add 1 more fish. Something like a smaller type of wrasse. (Leopard, orangeback fairy,…). Roywl gramma is one that can’t be missing in a tank in my opinion. Be careful with territorial behaviour with your current stock if you go for a basslet
I like the Royals. Mine just seem to hide and die. I like Naoko Wrasses but im not sure how it does with a Pintail.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new