OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bit of advice from a teen reefer to another, stick to just ONE plan. This hobby gets expensive real quick, and being a teen means you're going to be very limited on money. Don't ignore the vets that have given you advice, they've learned through many years of experience.

Welp, this is probably gonna get ignored but whatever.
it hasn’t been ignored :)

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m honestly not that bothered that the plan keeps changing. What irks me is that he has come here asking for advice, and the plan changes appear to have absolutely nothing to do with the advice he has been given; we might as well not have bothered posting. To be fair, he has also been given conflicting advice but I don’t really think that would have made any difference.

The final straws for me were seeing him post on another thread questioning whether someone else had the patience to be a reefer, and giving out advice on other threads as if he was an expert, when he doesn’t even have his own tank.

I’m still here for the comedy value but I can be added to the growing list of people who are no longer jumping up and down to try to help.
It aggrevates me too, helping only comes with experience... which Noah you just don’t have yet :/

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not going to create a unhealthy environment for the fish though. I mgoijg to be using lots of live rock and i will have a chaeto and algae scrubber filter as my mechanical filter and then I will do weekly 25% wc for the 1st month biweekly 25% wc next month weekly 10% wc 3rd month and 4th month I will do biweekly 10%

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am gonna stick to my own research and stick to advice from experts, I will probably be less active but I plan on making my BT sometime soon.
So take the advice from the 50 people who have now posted in your thread? Or your "friends" who are encouraging bad habits? Nothing wrong with posting asking for help but we are 200 pages deep and it doesn't seem like you've done any of your own research. Plus you are giving out improper advice on other threads.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So take the advice from the 50 people who have now posted in your thread? Or your "friends" who are encouraging bad habits? Nothing wrong with posting asking for help but we are 200 pages deep and it doesn't seem like you've done any of your own research. Plus you are giving out improper advice on other threads.
I am working on doing research right now

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know Noah, mandrins don't require 20 pounds of live rock each to survive.

Only the proper type and amount of food.... Live or otherwise.

Not sure where you resesrched the above statement on live rock from, but it's wrong.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know Noah, mandrins don't require 20 pounds of live rock each to survive.

Only the proper type and amount of food.... Live or otherwise.

Not sure where you resesrched the above statement on live rock from, but it's wrong.
Videos on mandarins say you need a lot of lr for them to have pods or a refugium

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos on mandarins say you need a lot of lr for them to have pods or a refugium
Lol well I have 0 live rock in my tank and I have so many pods that you can see them in the gravel and on the walls. Oh, they're also all over the inside of the hob filters.
All 3 of my mandrins are fat and healthy.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the problem here seems to be patience. i personally wouldnt start with a type of fish that requires specific feeding habits at the very start. they are cool and everything, probably one of the coolest ones out there, but they have special diet requirements. if you can meet those requirements, go ahead, but you dont even have a tank yet. it would be the furthest thing i would even consider right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back