13.5 gallon office nano

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone I am going to start a build thread I have been thinking about it for awhile and have had to location I was going to do. I am going with the location on my desk at work I have cleaned it out and moved things around so it will fit. My plan is a nano with some zoas and a goby pistol shrimp pair. I will be updating as the time goes on of getting materials. I am on a hold right now though because I just had to buy tires for the car

15936217032421249942048.jpg

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have ordered my tank now I am playing the waiting game for it to come.
I need to get a rodi system thinking about get the ro buddy is this a good or bad idea I have heard both things that replacements filters are expensive but I am only getting a 13.5 gallon tank. What are your thoughts?

View Badges
nice! Just started a Fluval Evo 13.5 myself,

the tank is quite small so I buy RODI water, you’ll need 3x5 gallon jug for the initial setup, but after that you will only be using 2-3 gallon a week. I’m just doing that for now so I didn’t have to spend on a RODI unit right at the start when you’re spending a lot on other things (heater, powerhead, cleaning tools, sand rock, tests kits it all adds up)

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it has been. The wife has not been too happy with the expense thus far. But the RO buddy is only 60 bucks so I think it would pay for itself within the year. I just don't know about the replacement filters.

View Badges
That’s a good deal, yeah I haven’t research to much into RODI units yet, but I did a problem when I couldn’t get more water last week, found a different shop that’s reliable now! But definitely made me want to invest

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I know this just came out not long ago but how do I add my build to get a cool badge thing and link under my user name?

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wife now does not want the tank in the office and wants it at the house to do this together that is fine. I have been trying to get her to enjoy the hobby but she never really had an interest hopefully she will get into it a bit more if we do this build together but i am also bummed since I spend more time at work it seems then at home don't know how much I will get to see it I just might have to modify the lighting schedule to help with that.

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I came into work and had a casualty. My cactus did not make it. Maybe it is a good thing to keep the tank at home. I have an update and it is said to be at my house on the 20th. Is there any upgrades I should do to it while it is still dry? Let me know your thoughts.

92897.jpeg

View Badges
While it’s dry, plug the hole in chamber 2
And if you want to get rid of the honey comb on the rim do that with a razor!

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be the new home for the tank right outside the master bedroom by the kids bathroom. Still need some equipment thinking of a ro buddy for this one since it is smaller and I should be able to get away for awhile with that

1595270796382779823724.jpg

OP
OP
S

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well once again out on hold. The boss lady (wife) didn't like the stand there it over hangs on the door molding too much and didn't like the stand she wants a different one. So I have to wait again.. it is ok though she is helping me with my patience and gives me more time to get the other gear needed. I guess she is keeping me at a slow and steady pace.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back