13.5g reef stocking?

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allright so I followed the lfs clerk’s advice and got an oscellaris clown to celebrate my nano tank cycle completed. I am getting a headache as a result and can’t wait till my 92g is ready to move that darn thing. The tank is in my bedroom and will mainly be used for frags. I did get a clown goby in it today and I’m in love. It’s eating well and the mentally unstable clown doesn’t phase it one bit. So in order for it to live happily ever after in this tank I’d love to get some suggestions on 1 or 2 colourful tank mates for it which aren’t completely nuts. Thanks :)

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firefish are one of my favorite guys for nanos. Other fish like a royal gramma would be pretty cool in there. Or maybe a banggai cardinal. You could add another clownfish as well but you mentioned this one being mental so I would probably avoid that. Otherwise other damsels would be alright or an orchid dottyback ,but both of those can get a little territorial.

OP
OP
Nyx101

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firefish are one of my favorite guys for nanos. Other fish like a royal gramma would be pretty cool in there. Or maybe a banggai cardinal. You could add another clownfish as well but you mentioned this one being mental so I would probably avoid that. Otherwise other damsels would be alright or an orchid dottyback ,but both of those can get a little territorial.
Yeah I want my clown goby to be as comfortable as possible tis why I’ll move the hyperactive headache inducing clown in a much bigger tank. I’d like something small and blue if that makes sense rofl

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a lot of different types of blue damsels. Live aquaria recommends 30 gallons for them, but I've kept 5 in a ten gallon without problems

OP
OP
Nyx101

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought a yellow tail one many times but store clerk always advises against it because of aggression. How did it work out for you?

Ugh, do clownfish ever sleep??

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a hit or a miss honestly. It kinda reminds me of cichlids because on occasion their is a super aggressive one. However at my store if we ever get a bunch of damsels we will keep them all together (i think if they grow up together they are less likely to fight potentially) and if we ever have a super aggressive one that is picking at fins and gills we remove him and the rest get along just fine. You'll still have a bit of chasing but it wasn't anything bad. The problem is that if you don't work at the store how would you know which fish is aggressive and which one isn't

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back