13 Gallon Cube Build

obligatoryreefpun

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
37
Location
Escambia Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, I've had this tank set up several times, but now it's finally gonna be a reef tank! I'm looking to clear up space in my office, the stand for my 17 gal that I currently have set up take up too much space, which I need for my keyboard. This is also the first time I've built a stand from scratch. It's not perfect, but it cost something like $30 to build, so I can't complain.
20190101_125226.JPG
20190101_125517.JPG
20190101_125237.JPG
20190101_125512.JPG
 
Right, I've had this tank set up several times, but now it's finally gonna be a reef tank! I'm looking to clear up space in my office, the stand for my 17 gal that I currently have set up take up too much space, which I need for my keyboard. This is also the first time I've built a stand from scratch. It's not perfect, but it cost something like $30 to build, so I can't complain.
20190101_125226.JPG
20190101_125517.JPG
20190101_125237.JPG
20190101_125512.JPG
Sounds good keep us updated
 
Obtained roughly four to six pounds of rubble, and proceeded to cement everything together. There were a few mishaps, but I think what I came up with turned out pretty good.
20190101_120028.JPG
20190101_120023.JPG
20190102_093514.JPG


I wanted something that was visually engaging from three different sides. Since I began putting more effort into the hardscape, I've found that the overall experience is more enjoyable, and I'm more likely to keep up on maintenance.

I positioned the rock into the tank the way I wanted.
20190102_231630.JPG
20190102_231652.JPG
20190102_231645.JPG
20190102_231703.JPG


I sprinkled rubble around the tank. Over time with water changes, it'll be scattered around the sand. and hopefully providing a more natural look.

Time to fill 'er up!
20190104_172520.JPG
20190104_172528.JPG
20190104_172533.JPG
20190104_172538.JPG


I'm hoping to use the island in front for some sort of burrowing creature. I'm gonna try to establish my engineer goby from my old tank in it. Currently just running an HOB and heater, the light's just from my pico tank for show. Pretty soon I'll break down the old tank, and transfer all that equipment over.
 
It's now been something like a week and a half, I've made significant progress!
20190101_120030.JPG


I reused my Current USA from the previous tank, now with a fancy mount and have the settings very low and daylight-y. Currently have an engineer goby and three Talbot damsels and they're looking well.

20190101_120038.JPG


Growing some zoas, xenias, anthelias, and snake corals on this island. Hopefully the goby will take to hiding in it.

20190101_120044.JPG
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new