136g stocking help

Baffels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyo,

Looking to start stocking up this redsea 625. Any advice would be great as this is my first reef tank. Corals will be mostly softies.

Looking for bright, interesting fish.

Already in tank:
2 Frost bitten clowns
1 Foxface Lo (his name is Nick and hes amazing)
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Yellow Watchman Goby (Kill count: 1)
1 Royal Gramma (RIP, murdered by YWG in cold blood)
1 Pistol Shrimp (MIA)

To add:

Tomini Tang
Yellow Tang (got a line on one locally)
Royal Gramma
Melanurus Wrasse
Flame Hawkfish
Starry Blenny (ok with the YWG?)

Standard CUC when I actually start to need it. As much as I want a couple urchins and a brittle star, there is just not enough in the tank for them to eat right now.

Mandarin once the tank is established. Setting up my refugium with pods this weekend with the ol' algaebarn starter kit.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good list but if you plan to add any interesting inverts like a fire shrimp or cleaner shrimp then the hawkfish might make a meal out of them.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree the hawk is a gamble, but I have several full sized peppermints and cleaners in with mine

apart from that it looks super

please get the Tomini in before the yellow

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyo,

Looking to start stocking up this redsea 625. Any advice would be great as this is my first reef tank. Corals will be mostly softies.

Looking for bright, interesting fish.

Already in tank:
2 Frost bitten clowns
1 Foxface Lo (his name is Nick and hes amazing)
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Yellow Watchman Goby (Kill count: 1)
1 Royal Gramma (RIP, murdered by YWG in cold blood)
1 Pistol Shrimp (MIA)

To add:

Tomini Tang
Yellow Tang (got a line on one locally)
Royal Gramma
Melanurus Wrasse
Flame Hawkfish
Starry Blenny (ok with the YWG?)

Standard CUC when I actually start to need it. As much as I want a couple urchins and a brittle star, there is just not enough in the tank for them to eat right now.

Mandarin once the tank is established. Setting up my refugium with pods this weekend with the ol' algaebarn starter kit.
Add the tangs last, not the mandarin. Mandarins may have a toxic slime coat but it doesn’t stop them from being bullied and I personally wouldn’t want to take risks with the Yellow. The tomini will most likely be able to go in before the mandarin but may then be aggressive against the Yellow but may not.

OP
OP
Baffels

Baffels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add the tangs last, not the mandarin. Mandarins may have a toxic slime coat but it doesn’t stop them from being bullied and I personally wouldn’t want to take risks with the Yellow. The tomini will most likely be able to go in before the mandarin but may then be aggressive against the Yellow but may not.
Gotcha, thank you.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back