14 gallon biocube shrimp possibilities?

CableGuy86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 clown with hopes of adding one more fish someday, clean up crew(snails+hermits), and a fire scallop. All have been doing great. I would really like to add a shrimp or preferable 2. What should I go with? I not only want them to have the room they need but some say they do better in groups so I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking either 1or 2 skunk cleaners or blood fire? Or one of each but I'm afraid they may get to big. Anyway I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance. Also a + would be if it's the most beneficial to the tank itself

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of sexy shrimp. If you're talking about small shrimp with big personalities, I'd consider them.

DMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not a goby/shrimp pair. Much more interesting than skunks or blood.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of skunk and blood shrimp. Often blood shrimp hide, but in a 14g they should always be visible. Skunk cleaners are colorful, always out, and will scavenge food as well. I do not think either species will get too big for a 14g.

OP
OP
CableGuy86

CableGuy86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard sexy shrimp are difficult and I don't currently have any anemones will that matter? Also I'm guessing putting sexy shrimp with a paired goby/shrimp are out?And I'm guessing I should stick to only one (skunk) shrimp if I go that rout? I was watching a vid on the goby /shrimp they are pretty awesome but I haven't seen that at any of the lfs would I need to order this?

OrlandoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had both a blood and a cleaner in the same nano tank and they were pretty big. What basically happened was a small skirmish for the best cave to hide in the blood won and the cleaner just took over the opposite side of the tank, after that it was great having them both in there. Have you considered paired blood shrimps a buddy of mine has some and they are awesome.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of skunk and blood shrimp. Often blood shrimp hide, but in a 14g they should always be visible. Skunk cleaners are colorful, always out, and will scavenge food as well. I do not think either species will get too big for a 14g.
+1 we have 2 Skunk and 1 Fire on standard 29g, no issues.

JimmyShock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my skunk cleaner in my 8g. Despite him being crazy at feeding time stealing food, he does an awesome job with caring for this fish.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one peppermint shrimp in my 12g that is the hardiest thing in my tank.

OP
OP
CableGuy86

CableGuy86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I watch vids on he paired goby/pistol I think I want to take that rout. Is their any chance I could toss in another type of shrimp such as the Fire or skunk that would clean the fish/tank?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 72 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back