14 Gallon Peninsula

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 2 14 gallon peninsula

I plan on keeping Euphyllia, mainly hammers and torch coral with a pair of clownfish in here

Equipment:

* Kessil A180 w/ Arm Mount
* Eheim Jaeger 100W Heater
* Tunze 3155 Osmolator ATO
* (included) Mighty Jet 326 GPH

The plan is to go with Live Rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater with about 1.5 Lbs per gallon, still undecided on sand or BB

I will post my processes and update this thread on my journey

I do plan to instill a plan that dictates how I approach reefing, that is still under thought.

Let’s do this together and learn as a community through our journeys !

68B44742-FC3E-4B62-9BDF-6CFCE2D23AEB.jpeg
610D8723-3D76-439E-87F3-F9C370ADEFBA.jpeg
DF7AA479-ED00-4F73-B616-F5EC87C985A3.jpeg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you here.. Your equipment list is good. Kudoes to getting REAL live rock. I well remember getting “The Package” from TBS. There is no need to reinvent the wheel with “A Plan”. Follow another kindered spirit with “The Lasse Method”

Lasse signature:
“I am not young enough to know everything, but neither so old that I forgotten everything;)
Liberté, égalité, fraternité”

@Lasse
Have you celebrated “end of summer“ crawfish festival yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you here.. Your equipment list is good. Kudoes to getting REAL live rock. I well remember getting “The Package” from TBS. There is no need to reinvent the wheel with “A Plan”. Follow another kindered spirit with “The Lasse Method”

Lasse signature:
“I am not young enough to know everything, but neither so old that I forgotten everything;)
Liberté, égalité, fraternité”

@Lasse
Have you celebrated “end of summer“ crawfish festival yet?
Thank you for the guide, will definitely give this a read! I appreciate your help also

Also, is there any difference between the bacteria on live rock and live sand ?

TBS has live sand from the gulf available as well, I’d like to go BB but wouldn’t mind sand either

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice on getting live rock! It'll be interesting to see what comes out of it! You can always add sand later if you want. Since you have live rock I think you'll be fine doing BB since the rock should be full of bacteria.

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice on getting live rock! It'll be interesting to see what comes out of it! You can always add sand later if you want. Since you have live rock I think you'll be fine doing BB since the rock should be full of bacteria.
Definitely, dry rock gave me headaches when I first started reefing, I’m very excited to try the real deal

Now I just wait for the salt mix and ro media to arrive so I can begin getting the tank wet and ready for the rock !

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst mistake when I got back into the hobby was dry rock barebottom... I sand tends to help with microbial load too but if you have enough live rock it's not necessary. I just like watching things move in/out of the sand lol

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst mistake when I got back into the hobby was dry rock barebottom... I sand tends to help with microbial load too but if you have enough live rock it's not necessary. I just like watching things move in/out of the sand lol
I used to enjoy having sand, until water change day became a little longer with sand siphoning.

I’ll be going with 1.5 lbs of live rock either from Tampa bay saltwater or KPAquatics

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this build, mate? I've been very good this year and Santa is bringing one of these in his sack for me. :winking-face-with-tongue: Just wanted to see what one looks like all set up and pretty. I plan to go with real ocean-cultured live rock as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back