140g Pennisula rimless

Hey chris any new updates and pics? i thought you bought some mini colonies from battle corals? whens the next time you coming up to dallas so i can cut you some frags

So how do you like the fixture I am so jealous i didnt buy it over the sfilogoi
 
Last edited:
Hey chris any new updates and pics? i thought you bought some mini colonies from battle corals? whens the next time you coming up to dallas so i can cut you some frags

So how do you like the fixture I am so jealous i didnt buy it over the sfilogoi

Hey Pampee. I did get about 20 colonies from battle corals. They have all acclimated well (except for one) and are encrusting nicely. I need to update this thread with some new pics that I took last week.

I'll be in Dallas in August I think. I'll buzz you when I'm heading up that way.
 
Some new pictures from today. Getting good growth and coloration. Hope to get the frag tank online this weekend. I am almost done with the modifications to the LED fixture. That is the last major project (until I decide to rip out to the overflow.)

New Hawkins echinata:

P8109281.jpg


P8109283.jpg


P8109322.jpg


P8109319.jpg


P8109317.jpg


P8109316.jpg


P8109313.jpg


P8109306.jpg
 
P8109305.jpg


P8109299.jpg


Really like the color on this frag:
P8109296.jpg


P8109292.jpg


P8109289.jpg


P8109287.jpg


True color, highlighter yellow. Amazing

P8109285.jpg


P8109277.jpg
 
I couldn't find it in your thread, do you run gfo or bio pellets?
 
Very close. I'm not sure how this tank would look with 30" deep. My dream tank would be 72x36x20, but this one will be fine for quite a while.
 
I couldn't find it in your thread, do you run gfo or bio pellets?

Hi bige, currently running both. I have a dual BRS reactor with gfo and carbon (needs to be replaced) along with a Avast Marine reactor running a good amount of biopellets. Seems to work pretty well with keeping PO4 / NO3 (although I never test for nitrates) at acceptable levels. Fuge continues to grow so there are some nutrients left.
 
Also, I've noticed a fair bit of dinos creeping up in some rocks in the DT. Aside from turning the lights off for 48 hrs, what's the best cure? Let nature take its course, medication, blow them off the rocks with my H20 change?
 
Real nice. How do like having things in the closet? Any issues?

No issues yet. It's a little cramped in there, but better than it was when I was under the stand. I might end up scraping the fuge and getting a larger frag tank but that will be a few months down the road once some of the SPS grow and I acquire more. I think a 48x24x14" frag tank would be really nice. I could put a fuge up high and let it gravity feed if I felt like I needed the fuge. It does appear to help with PO4 and pods though. Maybe I could section off part of the larger frag tank to hold LR and som cheato.
 
Got a few items from the Jfox super sale on Saturday. Should be in the tank tomorrow. Anybody else get anything?



Jf Anti Venom Favia



Ls-086-2T.jpg




JF Wowee WM



Ls-131-2T.jpg




JF Snakeskin



Ls-141-2T.jpg




JF Bloddy Mary Psammacora



Ls-139-2T.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new