15 gallon clown/anemone tank?

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently have a 55 gallon aquarium with just two clowns and a Royal Gramma. I’ve been thinking about downsizing to a 15 gallon. My ideal setup would just be a big anemone and the two clowns that I already have, but I was wondering if a 15 gallon would be too small for this. All advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to get mixed answers as most recommendations say a 20g for clowns. Ultimately will come down to your own opinion.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they will be fine - I recently moved my pair from a 40B to a 13.5 with no issues. They just hang out in their nem all day. I definitely wouldn’t mix other fish with them in there though.
Thank you for the reply! I was not planning any other fish so they should be fine.

Upvote 0

girlsdad_AAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 15IM, with two clowns and a Colorado sunburst. Tank has been set up since April 2023. I've got a very minimal aquascape. I used to have a royal gramma with them but she recently died due to ich. My clowns and the gramma got along fine. I've recently added a Yasha goby with a candy cane pistol.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 15IM, with two clowns and a Colorado sunburst. Tank has been set up since April 2023. I've got a very minimal aquascape. I used to have a royal gramma with them but she recently died due to ich. My clowns and the gramma got along fine. I've recently added a Yasha goby with a candy cane pistol.
Okay! Do you feel as if the other fish had/have enough room to move around without getting in the anemone?

Upvote 0

girlsdad_AAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay! Do you feel as if the other fish had/have enough room to move around without getting in the anemone?
They do in my aquascape, just depends on your rock work. I'd suggest making several caves for the anemone and the fish but still have plenty of swimming room. But the nem will move around until she's happy. I'll send you a picture of my tank.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back