Macbalacano

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my god! The tank is stunning!

Sorry, for some reason I haven't gotten notifications from when you post on here.

I am so happy that you beat dinos, thats awesome!

How are the wrasse and conch doing?

I am also glad to see that the arrow crab worked to get rid of your bristle worms! That's awesome to hear. I have a few in my tank, and I think a ribbon worm, and I hate them. And, yikes. That predatory worm is not fun, and I hope you find a way to get rid of it!
Aww thank you! I just checked your tank thread as well and glad to see the progress, looks like its going well and lots of fun!

Yes, very happy the dinos are still at bay, but I am definitely having a bit of a harder time dialing in nutrients still. I got busy the past 4 days and I forgot to dose nitrates and phosphates and saw both those almost hit 0 again by the time I dosed. I thought having another fish in there + adding 2 shrimp + feeding more often and heavier + no longer using any nutrient exports = would help increase nutrients, but that doesn't seem to have much of an impact. Starting to look like I might have to dose phosphates and nitrates daily.

The Wrasse comes out every time I feed now and see him exploring out in the open a few times a day. He looks very healthy and the clowns and him seem like good friends, so I'm happy about that!

Conch is doing a really great job cleaning and he is very active every day. He's the perfect size for the tank and fun to watch.

Thanks again for dropping by and looking forward to staying up to date on your tank also!

OP
OP
Macbalacano

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April 4 Update:

I was doing some work on my laptop late this evening beside the tank after the tank lights went out.

I then saw two of the predatory worms trying to attack my conch!

I ended up grabbing tweezers and managed to grab one of them out of the tank! I think I was only able to do this because it was in the act of trying to paralyze the conch with its slime.

Still at least one other one in there, hoping that I can catch it again in the act in the future.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April 4 Update:

I was doing some work on my laptop late this evening beside the tank after the tank lights went out.

I then saw two of the predatory worms trying to attack my conch!

I ended up grabbing tweezers and managed to grab one of them out of the tank! I think I was only able to do this because it was in the act of trying to paralyze the conch with its slime.

Still at least one other one in there, hoping that I can catch it again in the act in the future.
Yikes :anxious-face-with-sweat:.

That's so scary. Kudos to you for having the guts to take it out! I for sure would not have been able to do that haha.

I hope you are able to get the last one out!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back