15 year old H&S skimmer pump noise

Turd Ferguson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

ive a old H&S 110-f2000 that ive taken out of retirement for a new build. It has a aquabee AC
pump and pulls skim like a champ but I’ve issues with the pump. sometime I think there is a imbalance with the impeller, blocking the air from the in take tube seems to so Erik es fix the problem although of late it’s sounds the the pump is changing speeds. Still skims, but it’s like a steady sound, short burst, and back to steady...over and over again.

id by a new pump although it seems I’d have to order from Germany due to lack of stock in Canada and the US

any suggestions? it would be ideal if I could swap for a suitable DC pimp....just not sure what works or how to get the sound manageable with the AC pump. Upon disassembly everything looks cool

thanks

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With age a lot of pump impellers swell, causing them to drag inside the pump block. Wear will be visible on the outside of the impellers. It can be fixed temporarily with sand paper. If this is the case don't wait until it expands and destroys the whole pump. The proper fix is to replace the impeller.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your pump is the Aqua Bee 2000 not he 1000 model?
Check out the RedDevil pumps,
I have a H&S 90 F1000, I use a Bubble Magnus Shark 1.0 your skimmer will need the bigger model.

OP
OP
Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it’s the 2000. I think the Red Devil SP3 may do the trick...but I’m not quite sure..they look very similar

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Devil is more like the 2000/1 pump, so itis definitely bigger, I think maybe too much. Maybe a DC Simplicty DC 120 pump might do the trick. Tunze 9410 DC might work as well, I borrow one before buying one,if that is possible.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back