150 Glass Cages SPS Reef

The fish are all doing well! The Copperband is only eating mussels or clams in the shell, nothing from the water column. I’m hoping to get it eating from the water column soon.

I’ve added another light fixture to my tank, turned the fixtures 90 degrees giving me plenty of room for the third. Currently using a Hamilton 10k in the middle and Reebrite 20k on the ends. I’ll switch out the 20k bulbs with Hamilton 14k as soon as I get around to it.

1672F06C-589D-468F-86A2-90C546D78F5E.jpeg


The rock order from TBSW has been delayed due to the airline holiday and weather related issues. No problem waiting longer, maybe the waters will warm a little and there will be more macro algae on the rock.

I’ve also placed another order of fish from Dr. Reef coming sometime in January.

The corals are looking good, acros are coloring up slowly. One acro has burnt tips, I snipped them off and moved it to a different location to see if it will recover. We’ll see.
 
I just purchased a flipper magnet viewer and took a few pics.

here’s a strawberry fields acro:
Nov.5
7E94ADB3-FF35-4378-A01B-9B53063FBDDC.jpeg

Today:
14A765CF-4103-4CCF-A306-0F777D3C160E.jpeg

Color is coming in and the polyp extension is insane!!
 
Purple lush:
October 13:
3DAA1B6A-B0F6-4D74-A0FB-E70F9F0337FE.jpeg

today:
88F9823B-0162-4298-9A54-5B361B51F35A.jpeg

starting to get its color back and encrusting after a slow start. Lots of potential.
 
Resurrecting my build thread. So much has transpired in the 9 months since my last post, almost all of it bad. Here’s the short list:

-Fish dying in shipping
-Ick in the display and having to qt and go fallow
-Acro tissue recession that caused 98% of acro deaths… I have 2 out of over 50 acros that survived.
-10x dose of interceptor that caused some fish deaths
-oxolinic acid treatment

And I’m currently battling a persistent algae problem.

HOWEVER, I’ve placed about a dozen acros in the tank over he past month and they have been growing and getting some nice color. I hope to get rid of this algae and look forward to some calmer seas.


IMG_3824.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Resurrecting my build thread. So much has transpired in the 9 months since my last post, almost all of it bad. Here’s the short list:

-Fish dying in shipping
-Ick in the display and having to qt and go fallow
-Acro tissue recession that caused 98% of acro deaths… I have 2 out of over 50 acros that survived.
-10x dose of interceptor that caused some fish deaths
-oxolinic acid treatment

And I’m currently battling a persistent algae problem.

HOWEVER, I’ve placed about a dozen acros in the tank over he past month and they have been growing and getting some nice color. I hope to get rid of this algae and look forward to some calmer seas.


IMG_3824.jpeg
Nice acros! Best of luck to getting rid of the algae
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new