150g bow front

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I am hoping to put together by the end of the year. I have a 150g bowfront that I want to get all set up with a basement sump. I am not good at writing lol so take what you will from it and hopefully I can get my point across enough for people to be able to input some needed advice.

Tank: 150g bowfront 72"Lx24"Wx24"H

Sump: Trigger emerald 36 thats going to have a large refugium in it. so light recommendations would be appreciated as well as return pump.

protein skimmer: is undecided any recommendations would be awesome.

lights: I have two 72" marine orbit led's with a loop. I know these will grow coral but I was wondering if others has some reviews with them. Or if you have an upgrade recommendation that works too.

power heads: I really want some mp10 but what are some other good ones that arent as expensive lol

what are some other things I would need? I know there are bells and whistles for days but honestly what is really needed? I love doing things by hand so daily maintenance is something I enjoy.

I will be using fiji pink for the substrate which I will have probably between 2" and 3". I have a lot of stone that I will be seeding asap.

it will be a mixed reef ranging from some simply sps to zoas and shrooms with a good variety in between. fish on the other hand I am not to sure about. I know I have 2 clowns, a yellow tang, a pistol shrimp goby pair and a scooter blenny as thats what I have now. I of course have other cuc but for the main guys thats all. what more should I include? I want another dragonet as well as a six line wrasse and a flame angel although I know I will have to be careful with them and coral. Any help would be much appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZaneGreay

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be exciting to watch you build!

Any updates?
No unfortunately not... A new job and all the BS going on I haven't been able to make any progress. Hoping to get a plumber out for an estimate but just need to find the time and money to do anything.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back