150g Cube Build

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 5 months of waiting for my tank and stand to be built, it's finally here! The dimensions are 36"x 36"x26" with starphire glass on all three sides. I plan on going mostly SPS with a little bit of LPS. I plan on plumbing immediately so I can get water in this bad boy ASAP. More pictures to follow.
IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup. I was going to go with something similar (but didn't have the patience to wait for the build times)

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be a fun build! That stand looks really nice

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've built up a small stock pile of equipment for the tank
-Neptune Cor20 return pump
-Reef Octopus Regal 200S skimmer
- Neptune Apex controller
-Vortech MP40QD pump
-Icecap 4k gyre pump
-Tunze Osmolator
IMG_1925.JPG

Future equipment that I have yet to acquire
-ATI Straton (can't seem to find these anywhere)
-T5 retrofits
-Ecotech Versa dosing pumps

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally finished up the bulk of the plumbing. I have a couple of lines that i need to run out to the garage which is on the other side of the wall. One will be a feed coming from my salt mixing station and another will be going from the sump to a drain in the garage for easy water changes. The display is almost full or water and will hopefully be adding salt tomorrow and the rock and sand the next day.
IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really great. Stand and canopy look top notch, fits the room well, and has the perfect amount of pizazz if you know what I mean. Looking forward to seeing more :)

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you WDK, AJ and Bankruptcy. I've made some nice progress since my last post. First off, I finished the plumbing from the sump to the water mixing station.
IMG_1955.JPG

The bottom left pipe is the emergency drain incase the sump overflows. The middle pipe is used to drain during water changes with the option of pumping the water out of the sump or attaching a siphon hose to clean the display. The pipe on the right comes from the salt water bin in the water mixing station. The pipe on top is just a sleeve for ATO components.

I also made a little electronics rack. The doweling gives something to wrap the velcro straps around.
IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was time consuming but I finished dressing up the spaghetti behind my electronics board. I'm happy to have things a little more organized and did a little apex programming as well.
IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

I'm still trying to get my hands on one of the ATI Straton LED fixtures, but I installed 4x24w supplemental T5's in the canopy that will provide some light to the tank while I wait.
IMG_1960.JPG

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made some modifications to my cabinet door; added a towel rack, tong holster, and shelves for misc items.
IMG_1987.JPG

I added some bottled coralline algae from algae barn. I really hope this works soon, I'm tired of looking at and bright white rock.
IMG_1968.JPG

Last but not least, I added the fish that I had in quarantine; 3 lyretail anthias and a yellow tang. I hope I'm not too premature, but I bought my tank's first coral, a small chalice frag. It was cheap enough that it wouldn't be a huge loss if anything happened to it.
IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back