15g predator only planted marine tank suggestions

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Im planning on a 15g (15x15x15")planted marine tank, planning on a single predator fish, like dwarf lion or angler etc. What u guys suggest? Which would be the best fish to keep, that would be hardy and fun too. And can be fed fw mollies and guppies.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macro tanks are alot of fun. I feed my predators live foods and does make them much more active, which in turn means they need a bit more room. Dwarf lions in my opinion need a minimum of 50g, a 15g is really out of the question. The most popular smaller angler; the wartskin would also do better in something larger, although some recommend a tank size of 20g, I think 15 would be pushing it. If you could find a pygmy angler they would probably be fine, but they usually don't come around that often and their survival success is very questionable. Look into the pygmy red rooster waspfish, they stay super small and are quite interesting. I considered a pair for my macro tank but went in a different direction. As far as hardy goes I find them all to be challenging and very few have long term success, so please research, research, research.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back