1600 GPH flow

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i ordered 2 800 gph overflows and 2 quitone 3000 pumps for the returns. and i was just wondering how i should run my return line i was thinking of useing a scwd on each and have one in each corner and two in the middle. anythoughts on return lines and powerheads i was thinknig of saving up and getting a vortech mp40 and using a mj mod (1200) and the returns but im putting allot of time and money and research into this tank and i want some other opions and experiencs. and this is going in a 125 and the over flows are gowing in the middle of bothe sides from the center brac.

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o and i want to have some sps at the top a couple differnt montis some micro's acan and zoa's at the bottome and maybe a favia and a chalice a few softies lol i want the new 125 to be a trued mixed reef

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no one have anythoughts for flow in a 125 lol i already have the returns and overflows comeing now is the time to deside because it will be filled with water sand and of course plumbing befor the end of next month after the flow is decided i will finsh getting my lights and DIY hanging canopy. there is a build thred going to go up befor the end of the month

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and ditch the quiet ones for either an eheim or oceanrunner
oceanrunner if youre tight on cash and eheim if you wanna spend a lil more

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah use one return pump. I would go eheim or magdrive. As flow for the tank i would get 2 vortechs. If you are going to use one vortech and one maxijet i don't think it will be enough flow for a 120.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one return pump

how much water and noise do you want in the sump?

I have a eheim 1262 as my return and 2 tunzes in my main tank

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sound like you are trying to use 2 return pump? you only need one if anything one powerfull enough. the scwd may not work well on a return. they work better on a close loop.

i'm getting ready to drill my 125 with glass holes stuff. figured i might as well drill a close loop too.

Last edited:
Back