160G LED Powered Frag Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter ronnie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks Shores.

It is the Light Rail 3 (maybe 3.5? - I forget).

I oriented the light this way because I wouldn't have quite enough coverage front to back with it oriented the other way. The light is about 10" wide, so I'd be short about 6" for coverage. Otherwise I would have most likely.

As I see how these lights work out, I'll probably eventually nix the light mover and just hang a couple more fixtures. Unless I really like the growth from the mover (which I think I might from the other tanks I've seen done with them).
 
Thanks Shores.

It is the Light Rail 3 (maybe 3.5? - I forget).

I oriented the light this way because I wouldn't have quite enough coverage front to back with it oriented the other way. The light is about 10" wide, so I'd be short about 6" for coverage. Otherwise I would have most likely.

As I see how these lights work out, I'll probably eventually nix the light mover and just hang a couple more fixtures. Unless I really like the growth from the mover (which I think I might from the other tanks I've seen done with them).
Your Coral will obviously need less light than a plant would, but we had to add another hood with that Robostick add on. Pretty cheap, just a 6' threaded bar with another trolley w eye bolts at the end for another fixture.worked perfect. Id keep the mover and add another led build at the other end. Prob be ideal once you fill up that tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new