ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Shores.

It is the Light Rail 3 (maybe 3.5? - I forget).

I oriented the light this way because I wouldn't have quite enough coverage front to back with it oriented the other way. The light is about 10" wide, so I'd be short about 6" for coverage. Otherwise I would have most likely.

As I see how these lights work out, I'll probably eventually nix the light mover and just hang a couple more fixtures. Unless I really like the growth from the mover (which I think I might from the other tanks I've seen done with them).

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Shores.

It is the Light Rail 3 (maybe 3.5? - I forget).

I oriented the light this way because I wouldn't have quite enough coverage front to back with it oriented the other way. The light is about 10" wide, so I'd be short about 6" for coverage. Otherwise I would have most likely.

As I see how these lights work out, I'll probably eventually nix the light mover and just hang a couple more fixtures. Unless I really like the growth from the mover (which I think I might from the other tanks I've seen done with them).
Your Coral will obviously need less light than a plant would, but we had to add another hood with that Robostick add on. Pretty cheap, just a 6' threaded bar with another trolley w eye bolts at the end for another fixture.worked perfect. Id keep the mover and add another led build at the other end. Prob be ideal once you fill up that tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back