165 gallon reef

20190623_145100.jpg

20190623_145117.jpg

20190623_145112.jpg
 
How do you like using egg crate under the sand? I suppose that's for 'safety' reasons in case a lard rock were to fall? (Tank is looking nice, by the way.)
 
How do you like using egg crate under the sand? I suppose that's for 'safety' reasons in case a lard rock were to fall? (Tank is looking nice, by the way.)

Not sure i really like it too much astheticaly speaking. I was just deathly afraid of a rock coming down and cracking the glass or some dope fish causing an avalanche by digging underneath the rock compromosing its integrity.

Thanks. Tank actually still looks like ****. Less. algea in it though. My well water sucks and i all my SPS loses color within 2 weeks of being introduced to my tank. I long for the day i move out of this area and have access to water that isnt reclaimed from a cespool of a water well.
 
Having trouble nailing down calcium as of late. Saw it dropped to 380 so I bounced it back up to 420 over a few days. I need to start dosing regularly now as there appears to be enough demand to warrant it.
 
Trying to maintain the following parameters

Calcium 480
Alk 8 Dkh
Mag 1440
phosphate less than .03

lets see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new