• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

170 Gallon Tank/Overflow/Stand

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you know, I've been planning out my build for a bigger tank. I've also recently installed an HVAC into the house, and now have copious amounts of sweating on the ducts and pipes due to the volume of water in the basement. We can always wrap them, but it's not the aesthetic that we were going for, and the basement is the only place that could support the size and weight. It's also been measured out perfectly, so I can actually walk around without hitting my head, any changes and I'll have to duck in some spots.

With all this new information, I'm reluctant to continue this build, and was hoping to make a local sale.

The tank itself is a glass cages, 5' long x 3' deep x 18" high. It comes with a ghost overflow setup for a Bean Animal style drain. No apparent scratches, and in excellent condition.

The stand was/is custom made, and is still in the process of being completed. It has the dimensions of the tank, but there is a ledge on the front because, who doesn't love a good shelf! There is still trim to come for the shelf, as well as doors on the front. This was intended to look similar to my nano build, shaker style.

I paid movers to get this tank into the basement, as I'm fat and terribly out of shape (except round.) I won't be able to help move it out, it's a straight shot, but up a flight of stairs. I'm located in Hyattsville, MD, which is 3 minutes past the NE DC line on the MD side (20781).

I have spent so much time and money, and put so much effort into this, I don't expect to recoup all my costs. I'm asking $1500 firm, for the tank, overflow, and stand, all available immediately.

bigtank2.jpg bigtank1.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back