17g Dropoff Frogfish Tank Build! (RC17 + ONF Flat One)

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to try something a little different, so I picked up an Artfully Acrylic Reef Crest 17 dropoff tank and an ONF Flat One light currently on Kickstarter and started a Frogfish tank!

File_000.jpeg

If you only have room for either a Skimmer or Media Basket, which would you go with? Assuming the tank will have a water change every other week.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to try something a little different, so I picked up an Artfully Acrylic Reef Crest 17 dropoff tank and an ONF Flat One light currently on Kickstarter and started a Frogfish tank!

File_000.jpeg

If you only have room for either a Skimmer or Media Basket, which would you go with? Assuming the tank will have a water change every other week.
This will be cool! Following!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh yeah! I love frogfish! Following!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work looks great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool tank!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, what kind of light comes with it? Also is it adjustable?

OP
OP
PupChow

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome review! Thank you!

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also thinking of starting a drop-off build in the near future! Love your rockwork!

OP
OP
PupChow

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following along guys!

The dropoff tank is being cycled at the moment so it is not too exciting to look at! I figure it will be another 2 weeks or so before I would attempt to introduce anything. That being said, I am already keeping an eye out for corals that I want to keep in this tank and has already started hording them... (latest purchase: 3.5 heads Fathead Dendro!)

In the meantime, I did shoot a video of this tank last night (second part of the video below) -- it is just rock and water in this tank at the moment!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
Your video's are great, Keep em coming! Lucky guy having not 1 but 2 lovely ladies to help him out!
I stumbled across your channel about a year ago and that cube is a big reason I finally pulled the trigger and got into the hobby. Thanks, I think... lol

OP
OP
PupChow

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
Your video's are great, Keep em coming! Lucky guy having not 1 but 2 lovely ladies to help him out!
I stumbled across your channel about a year ago and that cube is a big reason I finally pulled the trigger and got into the hobby. Thanks, I think... lol

Haha I am sorry [maybe?!] that I helped drag you into this money burning hobby! May the Green Fireball that was wads of cash burn bright for you.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$ comes and goes but we'll always have our tanks. Even if they send us into bankruptcy ;) I do sometimes wonder who's more jealous of the time I spend with the fish...The wife or the dog? They both have such a defeated look on their faces when I'm playing in the water.

OP
OP
PupChow

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few months since the last update, here is the latest video... finally corals!

monicalooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is extremely old, but I've been researching the ONF Flat One Plus Pendant Light (White+Blue), and as far as I can tell, you are the only person on the internet who has both used it and documented the progress. I'm working on a plan for a Takashi Amano freshwater tank-inspired reef tank, and I want the tank to be as minimal and sleek as possible. This is the nicest light I've seen, especially for a rectangular tank. How did it fare over the long term? Do you know if they updated the software to be able to create color cycles/phases - I believe in your six month video you mentioned that was the biggest con. Anyway, I'm just curious to hear about your experience. If you want to see what I'm planning, check out my build thread....might help

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back