OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the comments. You are very kind. It’s a very relaxing tank, especially the last hour of light. The fish seem to go into slow motion and cruise very calmly back and forth thru the rock work and end to end. It’s a dream come true to have this tank and the fish in it. Still have a couple more to add in time.

OP
OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! I so wish I could do a huge FOWLR and make it a butterfly tank! Thanks for sharing!
@saltyhog Thanks, glad you like it. What happened to your CBB? Your wrasses are looking very nice. I am slowly collecting flashers and fairies. Might do a leopard at some point. Love the multi colored anemone. Beautiful!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dejavi
if there is one thing I would do over is go bigger on my tank. I had it made and 180 seemed just right but the area I have is just over 8 ft. and I wish I had gone that long and 36 front to back.
Butterflies are a pain in qt but once in the display they have proved to be pretty hardy. Good luck with the 240!!

OP
OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Pakistan Butterfly. This guy is just beautiful. The zoo in Toledo,Ohio, my wife’s home town, has a large reef system with several of these guys swimming around among many other type butterflies and tangs etc... what a display. They only get better with size. Some compare them to the Reticulated Butterfly in appearance as they age. As with so many fish that are active you can easily miss the impressive details of this stunning butterfly. Check out the subtle spots covering its sides and the mask of white stripes that divide its face . Of course that red splash of color at the base of its caudal fin really helps make it noticeable to the viewer. To me it’s a very enjoyable fish to observe.
This guy has been a real challenge as it’s being very picky about food. Not only that but it’s just not as aggressive at the plate as the other fish are so it’s not getting enough food. This is a problem I knew could occur but had hoped wouldn’t. It’s not easy to consider getting it out of a 180 gallon tank to try getting it eating better in a separate tank. It loves black worms and devours them but just doesn’t get enough with the competition. It eats some blood worms but reluctantly and as stated, not fast enough to compete. To top that off my supply of black worms is limited due to being in Ohio where they need to be overnited. That’s some expensive food now!
Meet the Red Tailed aka Pakistan Butterfly, Chaetodon collare.

31926A4D-9BBA-4B1A-848E-9828202947A5.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back