180 Gallon Peninsula Tanks

EdsonReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2015
Messages
52
Reaction score
28
Location
Edson, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of getting the last bit of supplies for my 180 Gallon Peninsula DYI build, but would love to see how others have plumbed theirs (sump and overflow). I will be drilling the tank myself as it is currently a freshwater cichlid tank, but do to the virus I have been unable to take my African cichlids in to trade for credit to my local Big Als store.
 
Here is my set up. 187g Peninsula 60x30x24 with a 75g Sump I DIY using triton style baffles from ebay. Let me know if you have any questions.
1.jpg
1559874122444.jpg
1558893351494.jpg
1559874246391.jpg

1559874218777.jpg
20200328_185635.jpg


1.jpg 1.jpg
 
Here is my set up. 187g Peninsula 60x30x24 with a 75g Sump I DIY using triton style baffles from ebay. Let me know if you have any questions.
1.jpg
1559874122444.jpg
1558893351494.jpg
1559874246391.jpg

1559874218777.jpg
20200328_185635.jpg


1.jpg 1.jpg

A 180ish penninsula has been my dream tank and I will absolutely get one in the next home that we buy. Do you have a build thread on this?
 
You can see my build thread on a local forum I am on.

Click here Build Thread

Its a great size. I recently came across some really cool rock structure and wish I had bought those but didnt find them until about 2 months ago. I have too many fish and corals to start again but check out the rockscapes from Westmaricultre on Instagram. Your either gonna love it or hate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new