180 gallon plumbing question

iGotJokess

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Messages
210
Reaction score
43
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Setting up a 6ft 180 gallon tank. Going with bean animal 1.5 for the drains. Thinking about adding just one 1” return line. Is there anything I’m missing by not having 2 return lines? I do not need this for flow, I have plenty of power heads for in tank flow I just need it to move water from sump to display and to keep it simple.

Any advice or anything I may be missing by running just one return line would be helpful.
 
Nope that will be fine. Just make sure you have room in the sump for a power off situation or install a siphon break.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new