180 Rimless update

Syndicated

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Munford TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I built this tank last year and had a lot of issues due to the fact of working 16 hrs a day at a new job.
To get the new house.
Well we got it and now the tank has been moved in and set back up to start over fresh I decided to remove the 14 t5 bulbs and go led.
I got on the phone with echotech and spent hours going over the tank size with them and it is a 48x36 rimless tank.
They assured me to gen2 radions would push this tank.
I purchased 2 at my LFS and set them up.
At this time they are running at 40% in acclimation mode for 4 weeks and I already love them.
When we took the tank down to move you could hardly see any coral left after my crash.
A few days after the LEDs went on the tank a lot of the coral is coming back. Not saying it was dead it just looked to be but everything loves the LEDs.
So I shot a quick video of the tank to show it off.
Any and all comments are welcome. I do have to clean up the wiring a little on my next set of off days

http://s664.photobucket.com/user/do...5-EFBED7C174CA-3709-0000020D8CEA65D8.mp4.html
 
Last edited:
A few shots from the tank.

null-12.jpg


null-13.jpg


null-15.jpg


null-16.jpg


null-17.jpg


null-18.jpg


null-19.jpg


null-20.jpg


null-21.jpg


null-22.jpg


null-23.jpg


null-24.jpg
 
The corals look great! How about a FTS for the thread? :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new