180 up & going

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:bigsmile:Well I finally got my new tank up and going since having to tear down due to the acrylic tank seperating.I will have Tammy add some of the pics of the whole deal when she gets home.She had to go pick up our fish order.Mean while I'm gona give some tank specs.
180gal Oceanic tank
DIY stand & canopy by me.
G2 skimmer
mag 12 return pump
custom sump w/fuge.by me
3x400 watt MH SE (Reefbrite)14k
2x54 watt T-5 actinics
2xcooling fans
BRS carbon&GFO reactor
1x3000 doul powerhead
1xK-4
1xK revolution pump(1050gph)
Tsunami wave maker
I will be adding calc.&Kalwk reactor this weekend.
So far all is well except a little light shock on some corals.I am in the 2nd week of operation and still have screens on to filter light.Lots of great corals and still working out fish plan.At this point I only have Scopas Tang,Yellow Tang,Clown Tang,LM blenny and Diamond goby.Hope to be adding Blue Jaw Trigger this evening.Like I said I will have Tammy add some pics. later.Some corals are ticked off due to the move so the colors are not as great as they will be in a few weeks.

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Man....... That Blue Jaw is an awesome fish, I love mine the most out of all of my fish

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally haha :wink: I can't wait to see it. I think we are coming this weekend (if it's ok with you) to get my dad's brain coral, so I'll see it then.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain did not come in for some reason.We just got done putting all away and I have sent an email inquiring why it was not included.Hope to see you anyway.
Jason

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain did not come in for some reason.We just got done putting all away and I have sent an email inquiring why it was not included.Hope to see you anyway.
Jason

Ok I will let him know. He said he also wanted that anemone. I can't remember what kind it was. It was white with blue tips, and had the red foot. It was in the 2nd tank going across the back wall. Do you still have it?

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but we have some nice bubbles in stock.Tammy promised to post pics. this afternoon.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Need pics:D.

I'm working on an upgrade, too. I plan on a pair of blue jaws, if I can work that out. Art's (now Bill and Susan's) were awesome fish. Lots of wrasses, too.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Where's the pics!?!?!

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180 progress

Sad, sad, sad . . .

Takedowninprogress.jpg

How big the overflow separation was.

Separatingseamson2103.jpg

After we took down the 210, everyone got a temporary home.

Lagoonwithlights.jpg

Reworking the stand

Newstand.jpg

Testing for leaks

Testing190forleaks.jpg

Frame for the rock work

pvc190.jpg

Getting started

PICT1312.jpg

Almost there . . .

190almostfinished.jpg

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin' good Jason, I know you're glad to have all that behind you. Love those tangs!

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used blk and clear zip ties.Some was siliconed to the frame work.I had done some reading on it so had to do the exsperiment.I made the frame work out of 1"PVC,glued all of it together and capped all openings.I used mostlly cycled water from water change on Lagoon(which we have decided to keep up and running).Most all pipe is covered by live rock and I dont have to worry about any rock slides.You have to look real close to see ties & pipe.I was happy with the results of the idea.It also allowed me some great height and hidding places for fish.Gary,I can get the blue jaw triggers both male and female for $35 each.Let me know and I will see what we can work out.Almost forgot alot of the pipe I covered with silicone and spead sand on it to hide it a little more.

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 2nd pic that is a butter knife between the overflow and back pane after water was out.With water in tank it was about 1/4" of a gap.That gap actually killed by powder black tang I had by sucking it in backwards.I have added the trigger,sixline wrasse,fire shrimp and red fire fish.All seem to be very happy.I know I am.H@rry I plan to be up your way Friday or Saturday to bring you the flame angel.
Jason

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.
I want to do a Bonsai scape on my 40B and plan to use zip ties and something sticky. I was thinking about a putty but that silicone idea seems more stable. What kind of Silicone did you use?
Is the lagoon going to be the prop tank now?

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the aqu.silicone from Lowes.Just smeared over the pipe then spead sand on and let dry.The lagoon will be our prop tank and I think Tammy is gona put a sale section in.For the most part that will be her's.I will have an area for sps.This will alow us to have all prop corals out of sale tank in the back.
Thanks for the compliments.It has been alot of work, but alot of fun as well.I wanted a new project but this is not what I had in mind.LOL

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Jason's 180 today and it was amazing! The aquascape is awesome in person. You did a great job on it. That clown tang is beautiful! Same with all all the SPS.
Hope my 40 will look that good :D Great Job!

OP
OP
jason.tammy

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,tell your dad that the anenome is $25 not 35.Tammy was not aware of their cost.Sorry

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back