3 Molly's

To buy (in no order):

3 or 4 Lyretail Anthia
3 ish ORA Banggai
1 Bicolor blenny
1 Midas Blenny
1 Harptail Blenny
1 Yellow Coris wrasse
1 Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (still doing research on difficulty)
1 Male Carpenters flasher Wrasse
1 Female Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
1 Mandarin after pods are well established

Larger fish:

1 Blue tang

1 Naso tang

Maybe 1 Yellow tang look at sailfin comments below

Tomini, kole, or lavender

Already have:
2 Onyx clowns

Royal Gramma

Melanurus Wrasse

Sailfin about 4"
. I am not sure if I want to keep him because I have heard they are agressive to other tangs and he did kill a kole I added once. I would replace him with a yellow tang.

Coral Beauty
not sure if I want to keep him for the reef safe thing.

Welcome to any suggestions. Love anthias and would love to add more types if I can!!!

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my stocking list for my 180G

Added already:
3 Molly's

To buy (in no order):

3 or 4 Lyretail Anthia
3 ish ORA Banggai
1 Bicolor blenny
1 Midas Blenny
1 Harptail Blenny
1 Yellow Coris wrasse

Larger fish:

1 Blue tang

1 Naso tang

Already have:
2 Onyx clowns

Royal Gramma

Melanurus Wrasse

Sailfin about 4"
. I am not sure if I want to keep him because I have heard they are agressive to other tangs and he did kill a kole I added once. I would replace him with a yellow tang.

Coral Beauty
not sure if I want to keep him for the reef safe thing.

Welcome to any suggestions. Love anthias and would love to add more types if I can!!!
Never tried this but schooling fish always are super cool. I’ve thought about adding a bunch of Anthias after some tangs take hold to see if they’d be under slight stress to school together. Tried this with blennys and they just dart around randomly lol. Fire fish stick to small packs 2-3 in about 2 different spots. Super fun. List looks good!!

OP
OP
R

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never tried this but schooling fish always are super cool. I’ve thought about adding a bunch of Anthias after some tangs take hold to see if they’d be under slight stress to school together. Tried this with blennys and they just dart around randomly lol. Fire fish stick to small packs 2-3 in about 2 different spots. Super fun. List looks good!!
I have tried firefish but they started to eat and then one by one stopped to eat and eventually died... Idk y. I love schooling fish too! Do anthias hold their own or do they just take beatings?

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried firefish but they started to eat and then one by one stopped to eat and eventually died... Idk y. I love schooling fish too! Do anthias hold their own or do they just take beatings?
I’ve had better luck with fire fish than Anthias hah! That sorta happened with tangs I had awhile back, one died off then one by one they all got depressed and gave up. Honestly how it went :/ but for me the fire fish aren’t too bad but the Anthias I hear and from my experience were hard to get to eat. Once they do it’s pretty easy I suppose.

OP
OP
R

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso, blonde Naso, or any other kind of Naso gets too large for a 180. The rest looks okay. I would trade the sailfin for a yellow, mostly for size reasons.
Already posted about it let me get the link and you can look it over

OP
OP
R

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Btw ik I did post about this but everyone just talked about tangs so reposted and trying to avoid that nightmare

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is my stocking list for my 180G

Added already:
3 Molly's

To buy (in no order):

3 or 4 Lyretail Anthia
3 ish ORA Banggai
1 Bicolor blenny
1 Midas Blenny
1 Harptail Blenny
1 Yellow Coris wrasse

Larger fish:

1 Blue tang

1 Naso tang

Already have:
2 Onyx clowns

Royal Gramma

Melanurus Wrasse

Sailfin about 4"

Coral Beauty not sure if I want to keep him for the reef safe thing.

Ok, so first things first the blennys will most probably fight hard. Second I wouldn’t get a blue streak they are expert only, this ones not a joke. Third personally I like yellows better than the sailfin and if your already killed a kole than I would replace it. It is a bully. Fourth I wouldn’t get a naso in a tank that size. I’d say minimum is a 6’ by 2’ tank. How about a gold rim tang

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 banggai could be a headache. Once they mature and pair up, the pair will beat the hell out of the third one. It's like clowns. Also they don't change sex. If you want a pair you have to buy a male and a female. They can be told apart, but not easy. When looking at their butt area, male has two dot pointing out, female has only one.

OP
OP
R

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so first things first the blennys will most probably fight hard. Second I wouldn’t get a blue streak they are expert only, this ones not a joke. Third personally I like yellows better than the sailfin and if your already killed a kole than I would replace it. It is a bully. Fourth I wouldn’t get a naso in a tank that size. I’d say minimum is a 6’ by 2’ tank. How about a gold rim tang
That's the size of my tank lol. I already got the blennys and they were QT'd together in a 20G with little to no problem. Midas is awesome. I tend to agree on the sailfin. Sry for the late response ;)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back