180g Stocking Plans

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been putting some thought into my fish list for my new 180g. This is what I have come up with so far in the order and groups they will be added. * means a fish I already have. This list is subject to change if the availability of the fish is lacking, but these are my first choices.

This is the part of starting a new tank that I hate because in my mind a tank is not really mature until it hits 1-2 years, but if you wait to add certain fish you may end up with aggression issues. I love leopard wrasse, but they do much better in older tanks so I will probably hold off until the 1 year mark.
All fish will be quarantined and treated with coppersafe/prazipro before being placed into the display tank. I am debating whether I should put my current fish through qt again mainly because I am planning a PBT. I did qt them originally and gave them 2 rounds of prazi, but did not treat with copper. I did not nor have I ever seen any signs of ich or velvet on my fish. This was 4 years ago for my tang and wrasse, and 1 year for the rock beauty. I welcome your comments and thoughts on this list and my plans for the order of their placement. Thanks!!!

Group 1
Gramma loreto x 3
Cryptocentrus cinctus

Group 2
Hemitaurichthys polylepis x 3

Group 3
* Halichoeres melanurus
Paracheilinus carpenteri
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki

Group 4
* Holacanthus tricolor
Centropyge loricula
Centropyge potteri

Group 5
* C. cyanocheilus
Acanthurus leucosternon
Zebrasoma scopas

at the one year mark I may add 2-3 leopard wrasse and I will also have 1-2 diamond gobies added at the 6-9 month mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a well-thought-out route to a beautiful tank to me! Congratulations on keeping a rock beauty - they're not one of the easy ones . . .

~Bruce

Thank you for your input Bruce.

That rock beauty was a total impulse buy. I saw it at the LFS and felt sorry for the little guy and figured it was doomed if a new hobbyist bought it. So I brought it home put it in my qt tank and after 2 rounds of prazi it was eating like a champ. I never treated it with anything else as it never showed any signs of ich or velvet. That fish never stops swimming and despite being only 3" I feel like my 95g is already too small...lol...

Any advice on whether I should go ahead and put my current fish through a copper treatment before putting them in the new tank?

Back