1st Anenome

Nargard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally purchase my 1st anenome (rainbow bubble tip) and things are not going as planned. It has decided to settle on the backside of my reef where I can barely see it! Add to that the small clown fish I also purchased doesn't even seem to no it is there......what a bummer. I'm fighting the urge to move it in hopes it will move on it's own. I'm hoping it seeked a sheltered spot will less light as it acclimates and will eventually move. Has anyone experienced something like this?

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally purchase my 1st anenome (rainbow bubble tip) and things are not going as planned. It has decided to settle on the backside of my reef where I can barely see it! Add to that the small clown fish I also purchased doesn't even seem to no it is there......what a bummer. I'm fighting the urge to move it in hopes it will move on it's own. I'm hoping it seeked a sheltered spot will less light as it acclimates and will eventually move. Has anyone experienced something like this?
to be perfectly honest, even if you successfully get the anemone moved there is a very good chance that it just works its way back to the same spot. Changing the scape or lighting might lead to a better resting spot.
aquarium bred clowns are hit and miss when it comes to the symbiotic relationship with the anemone. they either get together or they don't and really nothing you do will change that. its been 2 and a half years since introducing both in my current display and just now one of the clowns has shown interest in one of my nems lately, not full on hosting, just sits in it briefly for a few mins and then happily heads to its corner on the opposite side of my rockwork. it is what it is unfortunately!

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good above. I wouldn't move it or attempt to. You risk damage. It's better for a clown to take a while so the new can get comfy in the tank without a clown beating up on it! How old is the system? Got any pictures?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it settle for now. You can rearrange later. Trick when rearranging is to try and match the light and flow of where it is now. Mimic that if you rearrange and it might stay there.

As for the clown, this sound stupid but it works. Tablet with a loop of clowns swimming in a nem. I have used this numerous times (Just finished a day of it for some new captive bred clowns) and it has worked for me. There is a video on youtube and you can set it to repeat.

On anohter note, I feel ya about them never going where ya want. I have 3 rainbow bttom nems in my 180 and they are behind the rock work where you cannot see them at all. Heatly, but that is where they ended up. My prettiest RFA in one of my other tanks did the same thing, behind the rocks lol.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it settle for now. You can rearrange later. Trick when rearranging is to try and match the light and flow of where it is now. Mimic that if you rearrange and it might stay there.

As for the clown, this sound stupid but it works. Tablet with a loop of clowns swimming in a nem. I have used this numerous times (Just finished a day of it for some new captive bred clowns) and it has worked for me. There is a video on youtube and you can set it to repeat.

On anohter note, I feel ya about them never going where ya want. I have 3 rainbow bttom nems in my 180 and they are behind the rock work where you cannot see them at all. Heatly, but that is where they ended up. My prettiest RFA in one of my other tanks did the same thing, behind the rocks lol.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is more irritating than spending money 4 things you want to showcase in your DT and they decide to play hide and seek. I have a Neon Bright Orange Skittle. He opened up 15 minutes after I got him in my tank, I was thrilled. The following morning he was right up against the rock work where there was just one small opening. And he filled that crack perfectly. The following day, I could not find him. Spent hours cursing him out for then I spied him behind a rock work tucked in a little corner, happy as all get-out. He's grown twice the size in two months and nobody can see him. The good thing, for me at least, is that he didn't cost me as much as your anenome cost you

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your hands off the nem unless for emergency reasons. Took my clowns 2 years and hundreds in anemone before they were hosted.

OP
OP
Nargard

Nargard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new guy is still searching for the perfect spot!

Attachments

• 20210926_175459.jpg
    20210926_175459.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210926_173200.jpg
    20210926_173200.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 28

Blumon18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest addition to my tank

Attachments

• 20211008_211024.jpg
    20211008_211024.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211008_223525.mp4
    24.6 MB

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are not worth the trouble to move (at least non carpet ones). Chances are it'll find 3 or 4 places in your tank and spend some time rotating between them until it's happy. It's only been in your tank a bit so I would give it time before you worry about its permanent placement.

Back