1st time Crabber

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added halloween & blue legged hermit this weekend to my 20g AIO. Tank is nearly a month old, cycled, and has two domino clowns. The blue leg is very small & the halloween small to medium sized.

Is it typical for hermits to sit in one place the majority of the day? My blue leg is constantly moving but the Halloween.. very little in comparison.

Since my tank is relatively new I upped the feeding a little to make sure they had something to eat, but no noticeable change to the Halloween. Typical??

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to be a bummer, but none of my Halloweens survived more than a few weeks. I lost 3 of them. Meanwhile, all my blue and red legs have thrived. I have no clue why. I'd love to have more, but don't want to chance it.

OP
OP
LeftFootedJedi

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. It’s only been a few days & it was very active at LFS. But he sits at the highest point of my rock face down most of the time. Thinking he was stuck I put him on the substrate yesterday & he moved around some but no really scavenging. This AM, right back in the same spot. Trying not to get bummed out but debating whether or not to take him back.

I tossed a few algae pellets in this AM, the blue went right for them. The halloween, no reaction. I’m new to the hobby, but scavenger not scavenging doesn’t sound promising.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back