$2 22" Algae Scraper

  • Thread starter Thread starter jules11vb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jules11vb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the automotive section at Walmart and found a new Algae scraper for only $2! It has a 22" long handle on it too! It's made to be an ice scraper, but works great as an algae scraper. It came with a brush mounted on the back of the scraper. I just used a screwdriver and hammer and chisled the brush off because it had a metal strip on it. I'm sure some of you have already had ideas like this, but I thought I would share anyway.

2eoi4ic.jpg

314xsv4.jpg
 
Oh bad idea! typical woman, dont you know that has poisonous chemicals in it! LOL! Im just kidding, good idea julie.
 
I got a smaller one real cheap and tried it and it didnt scrape well. Maybe they vary from scraper to scraper. I have to say that great minds think alike. :D
 
I dont think it would be a clean scrape? I havent tried it on my tank, but I have two of that exact scraper in my garage, and the plastic isnt a perfect flush surface, so it would probly take several passes, at least to get certain things off the glass. Let us know how it goes julie im curious what all it will clean off.
 
That was the problem. It wasnt a clean scrape.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new