• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

2 beautiful yellow Tangs from Hawaii

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manny’s Reef
I'll do the same and just do the quarantine myself.
I'd ask to speak to a manager tell him everytime you come in here the fish are sick, and the filters are broke(hell probably say there just fish so it no big deal smh...)unless they have a fish manager(most dont unless you live by the ocean or in a major city)ask to have the worker feed them,tell them that this animal shouldnt be fit for sale based on the way its swimming and eating(brooklynella,tomates,cilliates) ask if you can test the water(hint they'll get all defensive and wont let you) then say you'll take the fish at a discounted price because its about to die and the way youre keeping it is inhumane(will spread to other fish tell them their system is connected and they're looking at a couple hundred dollar loss if one fish gets it assume they all have it and it's in the water)and I might have a chance to save its life but I'm not gonna pay full price for something that's not a guarantee(then ask them when they get their salt shipment ask them if there is anyway you could buy the livestock before they put it in their system on the morning of shipment(give manager personal number and ask for stock list ie what hes ordering for the week) this is how it was done before lfs and internet and can still be done if you have a dirty petco or supply or smart if it's a decent one the fish are probably in decent condition and you can't pull that card(they know prices because they have a decent employee or fish manager) will make you pay full price and just tell you to qt(but if you get one with dirty tanks chances are you can talk your way to 10 to 20% off on a sick fish to save but unfortunately it Is still considered a sale and they will just order more so the cycle of improper care and maintenance is repeated and more will just get sick next week, so sometimes it is worth it to pay extra for a clean healthy fish like stated above supply and demand...

LiveRockmia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manny’s Reef

I'd ask to speak to a manager tell him everytime you come in here the fish are sick, and the filters are broke(hell probably say there just fish so it no big deal smh...)unless they have a fish manager(most dont unless you live by the ocean or in a major city)ask to have the worker feed them,tell them that this animal shouldnt be fit for sale based on the way its swimming and eating(brooklynella,tomates,cilliates) ask if you can test the water(hint they'll get all defensive and wont let you) then say you'll take the fish at a discounted price because its about to die and the way youre keeping it is inhumane(will spread to other fish tell them their system is connected and they're looking at a couple hundred dollar loss if one fish gets it assume they all have it and it's in the water)and I might have a chance to save its life but I'm not gonna pay full price for something that's not a guarantee(then ask them when they get their salt shipment ask them if there is anyway you could buy the livestock before they put it in their system on the morning of shipment(give manager personal number and ask for stock list ie what hes ordering for the week) this is how it was done before lfs and internet and can still be done if you have a dirty petco or supply or smart if it's a decent one the fish are probably in decent condition and you can't pull that card(they know prices because they have a decent employee or fish manager) will make you pay full price and just tell you to qt(but if you get one with dirty tanks chances are you can talk your way to 10 to 20% off on a sick fish to save but unfortunately it Is still considered a sale and they will just order more so the cycle of improper care and maintenance is repeated and more will just get sick next week, so sometimes it is worth it to pay extra for a clean healthy fish like stated above supply and demand...
I'd give you mine for free to not have to listen to all of that for a 10% discount

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im surprised no one has pointed this out yet but how can he prove they arent captive bred lol

EOD1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manny’s Reef

Holy run-on sentence Batman!
1611960726014.png

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im surprised no one has pointed this out yet but how can he prove they arent captive bred lol
Microplasics in stomach or marine parasites (still can be contracted from dirty water(or ocean water)or another wild fish.only way you can really tell for yourself is if they die but even then it's still hard on just a disection,only a marine biologist would be able to tell you 100%.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manny’s Reef

Is there also a shortage of periods going on right now?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back