2 better than one?

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 30 gallon tank and waiting on the shrimp to decay and start my cycle. Was digging around in storage and pulled out my little 10 gallon tank to see if my little 10w heater and filter still worked... and they do. I was actually thinking about putting the small filter that came with my 10 gallon tank in my 30 gallon tank along side my Penguin 350. It's just a little thing but I'm thinking it will provide my water flow... wouldn't it? Anyway I just thought I'd ask your opinions. Would it be useful at all to put this little thing in there or is it not worth it? :neutral:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it would definitely supply more flow. You could also throw some carbon in there and use it as a HOB reactor.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOB= Hang On Back. You could put some carbon or gfo inside so it serves more purpose than just water flow

Last edited:
OP
OP
gemini9

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a sound plan. I was just doing some research on how much carbon is too much and it doesnt look to me like anything bad could happen so ill do just that.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another plus would be when you buy fish you could move it to the 10g along with water change water and you'd have a QT. All you'd need is another heater.

Back