2 calcium reactors

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a calcium reactor on my main system and have biocube as frag tank. Would it be possible to split the effluent line and run a line to each tank? Just trying to examine all options before I buy another regulator since I already have a spare calcium reactor. And I don’t really want to fool with 2 part anymore.

OP
OP
P

puckett26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit- shouldn’t have named this 2 calcium reactors. Should have been 2 calcium reactor effluent lines

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have to feed it from both tanks and get it PERFECT... and PERFECT might change from time to time. I would just get a new regulator. See if you can find a used Tunze on eBay or locally on a board or Craigslist... I have bought a few recently for about $50 and they are as reliable as the Carbon Doser or $1000-1500 (whatever the dude spent on it) Custom Victor with Oil Filled Gauges that I have... not as fancy, but they work the same. They need a check valve... for sure. We don't lose power here very often and I also have CaRx that won't melt the media if the co2 still runs in an outage, so I have never put solenoids on the Tunzes... but some might have to. There are plenty of others that work well too.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the frag tank a separate system or connected? If they are on the same system it won’t make a difference, but if it’s a separate system you’ll be depleting from the main system. I tried running a separate frag system and dosing was just wasn’t worth it and I connected it. So much simpler just to bump up the reactor for the extra bio load.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back