2 crabs are now 3 in a couple weeks..?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DKPminus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DKPminus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
224
Reaction score
824
Location
michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a had 2 porcelain crabs come in a couple weeks ago. was just watching the 2 up top by the the bigger anemone. While looking for a couple of the other anemones I noticed what is definitely another porcelain about half the size .. seems odd, is that norm.
 
So a had 2 porcelain crabs come in a couple weeks ago. was just watching the 2 up top by the the bigger anemone. While looking for a couple of the other anemones I noticed what is definitely another porcelain about half the size .. seems odd, is that norm.
Stupid question maybe but is the extra one possible from one of the two molting? Is that third one definitely alive and a complete specimen? Years ago I had mistaken a molt from a cleaner shrimp and thought I had two. Just a thought.
 
Was the first thing a thought. And no it’s not a molt. All 3 are definitely alive.
 
the third is about half the size from what a can tell, it’s sitting on an anemone tucked in a cove where i don’t think I can get to it or I would grab it
 
Ya, I can definitely see all three extending there little web claws pulling in and feeding.
 
well, I guess theoretically it could have come in on the Long tentical anemone I got about the same time. Everything else I’ve gotten in is frags and sure i would have noticed.
 
Ya. Not sure where it came from. on a somewhat related subject. Anyone know if there would be conflict with porcelain crabs and white spotted anemone shrimp? just got notice the shrimp are in stocks.
 
Not that I have seen. I have had both. Do you have multiple nems? Sounds like you do, so should not be an issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new