2 day shipping zoas?

GeoHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on doing fedex 2 day shipping for zoas only? Obviously it is not ideal and wouldn't be possible in extreme cold or heat, but it would cut down on shipping costs by about $30 over long distances. When its close I always ship fedex ground and it gets there next day, but I have always shipped overnight for long distances. I am just trying to decide if its worth the risk for 2 day shipping?

FragDaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We overnight ANY and ALL Corals..not worth it to get a unhappy customer and a dead coral..imo

FragDaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres always that chance that it wont make it there in a timely manner doing 2 day.. even one day for that matter. but i would feel safer shipping overnight

Bartmmackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they ship zoas from overseas wrapped in wet newsprint. If they can live in tide pools....just saying....

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zoas shipped to the UK & have had no problems with 2 day shipping. It possibly takes that long when lfs receive corals from indo etc.

OP
OP
GeoHawk

GeoHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres always that chance that it wont make it there in a timely manner doing 2 day.. even one day for that matter. but i would feel safer shipping overnight
I agree, which is why I have always done it that way, but I was hoping someone else would see it otherwise. Overnight is safer, and will grow less gray hairs.
I heard they ship zoas from overseas wrapped in wet newsprint. If they can live in tide pools....just saying....
Wow! Now that's a way to cut down on shipping by weight. I'm not brave enough to try that though.
I have zoas shipped to the UK & have had no problems with 2 day shipping. It possibly takes that long when lfs receive corals from indo etc.
Probably true. Anyone else with 2 day shipping experience?

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had zoas sent to me from another reefer and it took 3 days to arrive...the zoas were fine and open in my tank with in minutes.
They do often live in tide pools are are often out of water for long periods of time.....they slime over and lock in their moisture.
I personally would gladly take a 2 day shippment from you :tongue:

Zoanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done 2 day without a hitch many times, 3 day once....again without a problem. Really, two day AM is 30-36 hours if you pack and drop off last minute. Its over half off overnight most times, and with shrooms, polyps, etc...it wont make a difference.

Ive overnighted a few times, and the few times i did it the box went 24-26 hours in transit. On the low end, thats 4 hours difference. High end, 8 hours...not enough to cause problems IMO.

Verduzco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine took some of my palys and put them in wet paper towels. He carried them with him on flight from Houston to Trinidad and Tobago. No problems. Out of water I think 12 hours .

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back