2 gobies in one tank?

EddieV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am a beginner saltwater hobbyist. I started off with a 32 gal biocube and was curious to know if a yellow watchman goby and diamond goby would do well together in such a small tank...I have read very mixed opinions on the topic and was curious for some input!

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious when putting a diamond goby in your tank, they're sand sifters and eat microfauna in the sand and can quickly starve in small tanks with little sand. They are also known to be jumpers, and if you put corals in the sand they will occasionally cover them, just some word of caution all of them aren't the same and some people do have success keeping smaller ones in tanks like yours. On another note i have two watchman gobies and a diamond goby in my 120. Not sure how that would work in yours though

OP
OP
E

EddieV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice...I'll probably stay away from getting the diamond goby as I would eventually like to make an attempt at adding corals in the near future. Thanks for your time!
f3668ff17449296a74f5bfbd92cda6a6.jpg

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do multiple gobies in a tank smaller than a 40... and even then only if it has a lot of rock

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people with goby only tanks with about 1 per 2 gallons. It isn't an issue if you feed them. They are generally a non-aggressive fish.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the variety of goby* of course you can have a group of green banded goby in there but with the larger varieties, they don't tend to like competing for territory with other similarly large gobys

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back