2 gobies in one tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EddieV
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EddieV

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am a beginner saltwater hobbyist. I started off with a 32 gal biocube and was curious to know if a yellow watchman goby and diamond goby would do well together in such a small tank...I have read very mixed opinions on the topic and was curious for some input!
 
I would be cautious when putting a diamond goby in your tank, they're sand sifters and eat microfauna in the sand and can quickly starve in small tanks with little sand. They are also known to be jumpers, and if you put corals in the sand they will occasionally cover them, just some word of caution all of them aren't the same and some people do have success keeping smaller ones in tanks like yours. On another note i have two watchman gobies and a diamond goby in my 120. Not sure how that would work in yours though
 
Thanks for the advice...I'll probably stay away from getting the diamond goby as I would eventually like to make an attempt at adding corals in the near future. Thanks for your time!
f3668ff17449296a74f5bfbd92cda6a6.jpg
 
I know people with goby only tanks with about 1 per 2 gallons. It isn't an issue if you feed them. They are generally a non-aggressive fish.
 
Depending on the variety of goby* of course you can have a group of green banded goby in there but with the larger varieties, they don't tend to like competing for territory with other similarly large gobys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new