2 Maxspect XF350 or 2 4K IceCap for 180 Gallon

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was ready to order the IceCap 4ks today and came across a huge limitation of this product. If you have a large tank, in my case 8 feet long, they simply won’t work as their cord is only 6 feet long and you cannot buy an extension cable. Unless of course you have some way of mounting the controlling in the middle of your tank. You should note, that you can buy an extension cable for the Maxspecct Grye.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was ready to order the IceCap 4ks today and came across a huge limitation of this product. If you have a large tank, in my case 8 feet long, they simply won’t work as their cord is only 6 feet long and you cannot buy an extension cable. Unless of course you have some way of mounting the controlling in the middle of your tank. You should note, that you can buy an extension cable for the Maxspecct Grye.
icecap gyre 2 meter controller extension cable are available on coralvue website for 18$

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
icecap gyre 2 meter controller extension cable are available on coralvue website for 18$
Interesting - really appreciate the tip. I had looked on Premium Aquatics, Marine Depot and BRS - none of them had an extension cable and BRS specifically told me you couldn’t get a cable. Thanks!

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if there is a generic version of that cable that would work. $18 is a bit much for a cable if you need several of them.

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, if you are into DIY, you could just buy a 5 conductors (about 16AWG should be good), cut the icecap cable, solder each wire to the new cable, shrink wrap, then you can have the length you want for less than 5$ and 30 minutes work.
just correcting myself, its a 3 conductor

kcinnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting two Gyre pumps for a 96"X30"X25" tank I ordered, do the icecaps 4K really put out more flow than the XF350's? I am assuming I can buy the pump only packages and an hydros to control them rather than but the pump with the controller? I tried to see how much control I could get with the Syna-G app but it doesn't let you play with it without a pump installed... I just wanted to see the options. I know the Icecap app is limited. I have a few weeks to decide, I am not expecting the tank for at least a couple of months.

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im just picked up 2 maxspect xf350s for my 6ft tank, but the controller is a bit difficult to work with as someone else mentioned. but is there a way to use an icecap controller to connect these pumps to apex?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back