2 mil vs. 3 mil thickness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeoHawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GeoHawk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
613
Reaction score
11
Location
Trenton, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into starting to ship some coral. I feel that I have done enough research to do it safely, but I have one last question. The place I want to order my supplies from (insulated box, fish bags) only has 2 mil think bags in the size I want. If I double or triple bag, would this be the same as if I had used 3 mil thick bags? Just wanted to get some thoughts.
 
I don't think it really matters, personally, I think the thicker the bag, the more air that escapes, so 2mil is perfect if you double or triple bag, making sure that you band each bag separately.
 
Two mil bags I would triple or quadruple. I started doubling 4 mil bags several years ago and no one ever says their bags leaked. Packages get beat around a lot during transit, better safe that sorry. If a bog leaks and gets the heat pack wet the pack stops working immediately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new