2 Months under G4 Pros

  • Thread starter Thread starter d2mini
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It's been my experience, that 8-10" is not optimal for SPS, especially if you are going by the typical recommendation of one unit per 24"-36" of tank length. Which many people are due to cost.
Look at the coral lab photos and notice how far apart the lights are from each other.
You don't need 24" of height, but the higher you go, the better/more even spread and color mixing you will have.
But in turn the more light spillage and less light efficiency
 
Can you share some tips on how you get the photos to look so good?

I am running XR30s G4 and have a Canon 5D with the 100 mm Macro. I just can't get color right so would love some photo advice on that great looking stuff!
 
But in turn the more light spillage and less light efficiency
In theory, yes. In practice I haven't found either to be an issue.

Can you share some tips on how you get the photos to look so good?
I am running XR30s G4 and have a Canon 5D with the 100 mm Macro. I just can't get color right so would love some photo advice on that great looking stuff!
I get this question a lot and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show it, short of telling you to set your WB as high as you can, make your G4's whiter, and use Lightroom to do final color tweaks, assuming you are shooting in raw, not jpg.
 
Hey D2 would it be possible for you to share your schedule with ramp up and downtimes along with your slight mod of the photo period....would like to see how the colours look in my tank as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new