2 new acro that need identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2016
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
4,094
Location
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Got 2 new acros from a friend of mine .. no Id :-

1. Crazy huge polyps . Has a green base and half of it has dark dirty green base with brown polyps. May be Acropora Horrida ?
acro3.JPG

2. Green with blue tips , haven't seen any polyps yet but I think they are blue too - Acropora Loripes ?
acro2.JPG

Any thoughts ?

Regards,
Abhishek
 
It is a horrida. The polyps should turn all green with yellow base. Nice acro.

Horrida and Tort

Thank you so much guys !!! The first one now definitely stands out as Horrida .
But the mother colony too was deep green with brown polyps . I guess that's not the actual color but showed so due to lower light ???

Like you , I thought the second one as Tortusa too but my friend thinks it might be an Austera which is often confused with a tort .

Time will tell and of course my photography sucks !!!

Regards,
Abhishek
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new