2 part Dose. What is it?

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29g bicube, that i need start dosing 2 part. I have no idea where i can get that from or how do i even tell my LFS, so they know what i am talking about. I think 2 part dose is Cal and alk, feel free to correct me as i am new to this dosing process. And how much would i need it. Meaning what is the ratio of lets say teaspoon to gallon. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the easiest way is the go to bulkreefsupply.com watch all the videos and then you will understand how to dose 2 part. it is really easy

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you current parameters for calcium and alk to where you think you need to dose them?

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you current parameters for calcium and alk to where you think you need to dose them?

+1 I've heard you shouldn't dose things your not testing, so make sure you pick up a couple of test kits as well :} I've used E.S.V. B-Ionic 2-Part Calcium Buffer (Calcium and Alkalinity) and E.S.V. B-Ionic Magnesium for years.... should be called 3 part :}

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, give us your measurements and we can help you out on whether or not you need to dose. What corals are you keeping or wanting to keep where you think you need to raise them? All kinds of questions :)

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I never really answered your question :} Two-part is adding two different liquids in pretty much equal amounts into your tank. One liquid adds calcium and the other adds alkalinity. The amount you dose varies depending on the calc\alk demands of your tank ( the amount your corals, clams, etc use).

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case it wasn't mentioned 2 part is actually 3 part if you include magnesium. The cal and alk should be dosed daily or close to it but the mag can be dosed weekly or even monthly depending on how fast its used up.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my stuff from Bulk reef supply also. What corals are you keeping? you may be able to get away with just using kalk.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back