2 Purple Queen Anthias

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought what I was told two Purple Queen Anthias about 2 weeks ago. There still doing really well for the most part but i'm having some trouble getting them to eat I have not seen them eat once since they've been acclimated into the tank. If anyone can help me try to get them to eat I would really appreciate it. I've tried Flakes,Pellets, Frozen, Live Brine, And all of it together and have got nothing the only thing that will eat all of it no questions asked is my two clowns. I will post a few pictures of the fish.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat really tiny food. Your best bet is something like nutramar ova and I also had really good luck with H2O lives mini mysis. Sometimes you gotta start them on newly hatch live brine to get them started. Also make sure you have lots of flow for the food to stay suspended, they are really dainty eaters and because they only eat tiny stuff they need to be fed a whole bunch of times per day. I know its a lot of work but if you can get them eating eventually they will also eat tiny pellets and then you can use an auto feeder. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Badspstank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite fish to deal with. Very diffiuclt to get to eat. Use oyster eggs med size or med size rotifiers the will eat for sure. If you can try live brine some online folks sale live baby mysis. I had 10 in one tank 4 years I donated them to my buddy who was injured in Iraq he is unable to walk. We put together a tank for him thats 4 ft of the ground so he can work on it and he loved the fish. One sacrafice for another.

Happy reefing and good luck

OP
OP
jkef2010

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all very much for the help. I will go out now and try to get some baby brine shrimp. Where would I get Rotifers or the Oyster eggs from? The LFS around me are ran by unknowledgeable people who don't stock on thing that will get bought they only get what they seem to think people will use.

2dmax

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with mine.... i tried frozen mysis and they dont eat.. i just bought 3 banded anthias.

1372453435942.jpg

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

2dmax

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 2 of my banded anthias died.. i found one dead and cant find the other one.... so i only have one left.. and he kinda fed on the veggie flakes i served a while ago..... he takes it in and spits it out and takes another one and so on.... i think i will get my refund tomorrow from my lfs for the 2 that died

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 2 of my banded anthias died.. i found one dead and cant find the other one.... so i only have one left.. and he kinda fed on the veggie flakes i served a while ago..... he takes it in and spits it out and takes another one and so on.... i think i will get my refund tomorrow from my lfs for the 2 that died

How long ago did you buy them, what's your water parameters and what research did you do about the fish BEFORE you bought them that you're expecting a refund??

2dmax

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it monday... its okay i got 2 yellow wrasses... amd 3 baghai cardinals....

Sg 1.25, ph 8.2, calcium 550.. dk 10

tchan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u scope some sand with a cup and see if u got any amphipods. My anthias love them. Whenever i change my filter sock, i always pick off the amphipods that got trap in there and throw it back into the display tank for the anthias.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back