2 questions

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure about palys in general i think they all grow pretty quick, i got 2 polyps of nukes june 16 now i have about 8 so they are pretty quick i know

OP
OP
kerrysroxy

kerrysroxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure about palys in general i think they all grow pretty quick, i got 2 polyps of nukes june 16 now i have about 8 so they are pretty quick i know

Really ? I had both purple deaths and Nuclear green palys I got both like almost a year ago. I started with 2 polyps of purple and only have 3 now. As for the nuclear green still one single polyp ...........

I have some other stuff thats growing well just not the nucs or death palys

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the nucs grow pretty good compared to others. I do know that the purple deaths do grow alot faster than the nuclears. I can frag the purple deaths and get a few babies before the nucs get one. As far as zoas or palys growing faster it just depends on what u have. They all grow differently.

OP
OP
kerrysroxy

kerrysroxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm I wonder why mine are not taking off ? I was feeding them the purples seemed to respond to that maybe I should try to feed the nuc more.

I will post some pictures of my poor babies that wont grow lol

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them mysis every other day and you should have some really good growth in a month or so. I have ten times as many NGs and PDs than I started with about five months ago.:iconbiggrin:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine really started to take off after I started feeding them. I then stopped feeding and growth slowed down again.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have bad luck feeding mine. my dang sailfin always steals the food. i need to stand at the tank the whole time while they are taking in the food.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NG and PD will also accept small pellets. I place a thin long piece of rigid air tubing into the tank and drop the pellet into the top. It sinks through the tube and allows you to direct it towards your zoas/palys while keeping your fish from getting it. Although, it is pretty funny watching your fish bite the tube trying to get at the pellet. Seems like overkill, but I have fed PE type palys and anemones with this method.

Rigid tubing is a great tool that I encourage all reefers to keep in their stock list. It allows you to flip over frags without reaching into the tank, makes a great pointing tool when visitors show up, and it costs around $2-$3 at your LFS (petco always carries it)

Last edited:

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One liitle trick of the trade small strawberry basket to keep fish away when feeding.

Now i given you the trick use your imagination on how to use it. :angel1:\\:D/

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nukes grow fast without a special feedings and as far as sec Q it very's I have some zoa's grow pretty fast and paly's to but I'd say zoa's are faster as they grow more polyps to cover a area the 3 large paly's cover in same amount of time.

AI NO KEA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the tip on the Mohawks they like the new placement and have taken off.

As for the NG, I've had a frag since 6/25/08 that's gone from 2 small polyps to 4 polyps. I spot feed mysis, brine, reef roids, and cyclopeze. They went from 2 to 4 in a month but this last month they've gotten bigger and fuller but no new polyps.

As for ? 2, The zoa frags that I've got have grown faster than my paly frags, but the zoa frags had more polyps to start with.

6/25/08
P6250328copy2NukeGreen.jpg

8/21/08
P8210747copy1.jpg

Last edited:

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the tip on the Mohawks they like the new placement and have taken off.

As for the NG, I've had a frag since 6/25/08 that's gone from 2 small polyps to 4 polyps. I spot feed mysis, brine, reef roids, and cyclopeze. They went from 2 to 4 in a month but this last month they've gotten bigger and fuller but no new polyps.

As for ? 2, The zoa frags that I've got have grown faster than my paly frags, but the zoa frags had more polyps to start with.

6/25/08
P6250328copy2NukeGreen.jpg

try putting nukes in more light. they don't seem as bright as they should be. just my opinion.

AI NO KEA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try putting nukes in more light. they don't seem as bright as they should be. just my opinion.[/quote]

Thanks, will do

OP
OP
kerrysroxy

kerrysroxy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool AI NO KEA Glad I could help. I will try the shrimp. I was feeding them small S marine pellets.

Back