2 Shrimp and Goby pairs?

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt there would be any problem. I've had two goby/pistol pairs in my 4ft 120 with no problem. Two tigers could easily find there own territories even if they didn't pair up themselves. I'd go for it.

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the chances of safely adding 2 Shrimp and Goby pairs in a 130 5.5’ tank? What about 2 Tiger Pistols? I’m looking at a pair of Yellow Watchman and a pair of Orange Spotted Gobies.
i know a lot of people probably advise against this, but we literally just learned tonight that our two big yellow watchman gobies are paired with TWO tiger pistol shrimp in the same burrow.. we didn’t believe that would ever happen but both shrimp are excavating away & living their best shrimp lives together with the gobies & one tiger pistol is around 2 1/2 inches long and beefy & the other is around 1 1/2 inch and no issues at all.. we didn’t do this on purpose and actually thought the smaller pistol had sadly died in our tank and we couldn’t find any sign of it at all until tonight, we also have a peppermint shrimp who hides in another zone in our tank with a hi fin goby.. as well as a tiny yellow watchman who was supposed to be paired up with that other tiger pistol shrimp. so, in my view this can happen and work.. but you have to make sure your tank has enough space for everyone to (mind their own business) lol

Janet Belanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange stripe goby and pink bar goby in a 4ft tank with no issues. They both had a shrimp (candy cane, and a tiger pistol) located in different burrows until recently. The shrimp both passed within about a year of each other (lived 'separately together' for about 3 years). Both gobies are still living peacefully in dens that are rather close together and they both come out to feed at the same time without bickering.

I tried to add a tiny candy cane pistol yesterday, but it was too small and the pink bar gulped it down. :oops:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back