2 Skimmers at the same time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyrical
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lyrical

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
399
Reaction score
197
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a skimmer currently running that I am wanting to upgrade. I plan on buying a nicer one than the one that came with my setup.

My question is, after I have the new skimmer running.. since I have room in an empty chamber in my sump... should I run the old skimmer? Would this cause any issues?
 
I don't see why.
But why not just one rated skimmer for your setup.
What's the skimmer you have running now rated for?
And what skimmer you looking into?
 
I have a CAD Lights 250 I think it is (no documentation or ID at all on the skimmer) that is supposedly rated for over 300g. It came with the purchase I didn't get to pick the skimmer/media reactor. However I don't like the skimmer very much and it's a pain to adjust and remove the cup. I wanted to go with a better skimmer (open to suggestions) but was just curious since I already had this one and probably couldn't resell it for much would it be worth just throwing it in just because I already had it.

I used to have a ASM G3 like 5 years ago on a different tank and it pulled way more stuff out than my current skimmer. I know there are a lot of variables that can cause this but I just feel like a better skimmer is worth the investment.
 
Go lifereef, it will be the last skimmer you ever buy.
 
Diesel, I've always wondered about him and his skimmers. Are they really that good?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new